Our core areas of expertise, bundled for your success – profit from future-oriented innovativeness, customer-focused work and efficient introduction to serial production.Learn more
Durafox™ Ceramics - Carburisation protection for charging racks
Hybrid solution made from weight-bearing C/C and Durafox™ Ceramics as carburisation protection for your heat treatment.
At temperatures above approx. 1,050°C, many steels react with carbon, which leads to carburisation. This is triggered by a eutectic reaction that reduces the melting temperature of the metal. This means that contact reactions between metal and carrier material can take place at process temperatures that are required to heat treat the metal. The consequences of this include possible impurities in the customer’s product as a result of material disintegration and the customer’s components may even melt. This does not only damage the parts or carrier but often also damages the interior of the furnace. Oxide fiber composites (OFC), can resist thermomechanical stress in a highly corrosive or oxidising atmosphere and are our most innovative form of protection against carburisation.
You benefit from these advantages:
- Innovative material that is also highly durable
- Provides highly effective protection against carburisation
- Significantly lighter than solid ceramics (more cost-effective burning processes)
- Significantly increased service life thanks to resistance against oxidation and corrosion
- Highly resistant to heat and thermal shock
- No problems with fast heating and cooling (quicker processing)
- Low heat conductivity
- High damage tolerance(ductile fracture behavior)
- Electrical insulator
- No wear under thermo-cyclical stress (improvement in quality)
- Ideal for automated loading of charging racks